Avon and Somerset Police have a dedicated team of officers serving the town of Filton, headed by Neighbourhood Beat Managers PC Claire Deacon and PC Sian Harris.
There are currently four Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) in the team.
For more information, visit the Filton Beat page on the Avon and Somerset Police website.
Filton and Patchway Police Newsletters:
- 2013 Issue 3 [PDF, 242kB]
Police Enquiry Office
Members of the public can visit the enquiry office at Patchway Police Centre, Gloucester Road, Patchway BS34 6PY, which is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturday & Sunday (closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day).
Community Engagement Forum for Filton
Community Engagement Forums (CEFs), previously known as Safer and Stronger Community Groups are about listening and responding to local people’s real issues. People in their communities know best what works for them and what their real needs are.
The aims are:
- To promote pride in the local area as a safe, thriving and pleasant place to live, work and play
- To reduce crime, disorder and drug and alcohol misuse in the area
- To empower local people to have a greater voice and influence over local decision making and service delivery by increasing the strength, capacity and engagement of the local community
- To improve the quality of life of people in the local area by identifying community aspirations, needs and local priorities.
CEFs have been developed through working with various partner agencies including the Avon & Somerset Police, Avon Fire & Rescue, health, town and parish councils and local organisations. CEFs are also about working in partnership with elected members; they aim to provide a platform for building strong and cohesive communities in which everyone, regardless of background, has a real sense of community involvement.
CEFs also support groups who wish to make a positive difference and improve their own communities. This is achieved by supporting community engagement initiatives.
Filton is served by the Filton and Patchway Community Engagement Forum. The next meeting of the forum takes place on Wednesday 15th May 2019 at St Chad’s Church Hall, Rodway Road, Patchway BS34 5ED (7pm start).
South Gloucestershire Police News on TwitterTweets by ASPSouthGlos
Recent Police Stories in The Journal
- Witness appeal following armed robbery at Filton Avenue convenience store
- Man in custody following Filton burglaries
- Bikes targeted in Filton shed burglaries
- Police appeal for witnesses after handbag snatch on Filton Avenue
- Appeal for witnesses following armed robbery at Filton Post Office
- Police in Filton say it’s “business as usual” following station closure
- Appeal for information after 50-year-old man assaulted in The Sidings
- Appeal for information following criminal damage at Filton church
- Police appeal for help in finding property stolen in Nutfield Grove robbery
- Police seek help tracking down jewellery stolen in Broncksea Road burglary