South Gloucestershire’s 20 Safer & Stronger Community Groups (SSCGs) are all about working together to improve your local community. The groups also enable you to have your say about the services that your community receives.
These groups have been set up as part of the Neighbourhood Policing Model and South Gloucestershire Council’s Community Engagement initiative.
Their members include people who live and work in the area and representatives from the local police, Avon Fire & Rescue, Primary Care Trust, South Gloucestershire Council, the Town & Parish Council and other local organisations. The aim is to:
- Work together to ensure that local communities are safe and pleasant places to live, work and play
- Give local people a greater voice and influence over local decisions and the priorities of the service providers
- Fund and support initiatives that help overcome issues raised by SSCG attendees, for example, Community Speed Watch equipment and activities that promote community cohesion and integration
Visit the Filton Safer & Stronger Community Group page on the South Gloucestershire Council website.
The next Filton Safer & Stronger Community Group meeting takes place at BAWA, 589 Southmead Road, Filton at 7pm on Wednesday 19th December 2012.
Minutes of recent meetings:
- 24th May 2012 [MS Word]
- 23rd February 2012 [PDF]
- 21st December 2011 [PDF]
- 31st August 2011 [MS Word]
- 26th May 2011 [MS Word]
- Filton Police (The Journal)